I admit I love scrolling through Pinterest to find kitchen design ideas that inspire me. Not that I’m looking to renovate my kitchen, I live in a rental so that’s just not possible. But because I love to dream for my one day “forever” home. I love how you can design your kitchen to represent you, your lifestyle and personality. Since most of us (particularly us moms) spend a lot of our lives in the kitchen then it’s important for us to have not only a kitchen design and style that speaks to us but also make it functional for our selves and family. If you’re fortunate enough to be planning your next kitchen, then have a look at these beautiful kitchen design ideas that inspire charm and let me know in comments which one you love the most!
30 Kitchen Design Ideas That Inspire Charm
1. Instantly add a personal statement to your kitchen by installing or painting the kitchen cupboards. Choose something in the blue/green or grey spectrum will add calm while giving it the wow factor. Finish of the look by adding drop pendant lighting like this one and some stand out bard stools!
2. Create a warm modern farmhouse/cottage style kitchen by having an exposed brick feature wall. Add beautiful finishes like wooden countertops, a stunning farmhouse kitchen sink like this one and a beautiful victorian farmhouse tap.
I also love these great modern kitchen decor ideas that I recently found.
3. You can never go wrong with traditional. It’s everlasting and timeless. Pops of color help to break up the features of the kitchen and set focal points. Keeping most of the cupboards white is safe but timeless and gives you room to play as your taste changes and evolves.
4. You can never go wrong with marble countertops. Never! This material is hard wearing and screams elegance. Add extra charm by adding pretty accessories in selected spots on the counters. I love these beautiful topiary trees that looks fabulous in any kitchen. Some nice canisters like these ones can also go a very long way. No need to go over the top. Sometimes less is more, just be selective about what you choose to have on show!
5. This looks is not for everyone, but is charm is what you want this traditional style kitchen with beautiful vintage island is a stand out. To give your counters or kitchen island a finish like this, you can’t go past chalk paint in duck egg. It’s the perfect match!
6. This kitchen speaks home, warmth and character. Installing shelves rather than bulky cupboards will help give a small kitchen the illusion it is bigger. It’s also nice to display all your best kitchen ware and seasonal decor on there. Love the kitchen island in the middle of this kitchen? See a similar one here! I also have to mention how beautiful the look of exposed wooden beams are. They add so much character to a home.
7. I love the feel of this kitchen. It’s inviting and family friendly. Who doesn’t want an extra long kitchen island to stand around when everyone’s getting social!
8. Give any kitchen the “wow” factor by installing the cooktop on the kitchen island and placing a large feature range hood above it. Choose something unique to set it as a focal point in your kitchen.
9. Prefer dark and a lot more subtle? This kitchen does not fail to impress. The design is functional. Storage is a huge asset to this kitchen. The mix of brown marble flooring, dark brown wood and galvanized metal accents brings the who look together.
10. Want a charming feel and cozy shabby chic elegance? Why not hang a beautiful chandelier in the middle of your kitchen. You don’t have to spend a fortune. For under $100 you can find beautiful chandeliers that will impress. If you have the space then adding a dining table in the middle of your kitchen is a great idea. You can cook and get things done while the kids play or do their homework. It’s a great way to create a place for the family to gather and enjoy each other’s company.
11. Farmhouse is all the rage right now but if you aren’t hugely keen on everything being white and neutral then use farmhouse elements as a canvas and add pops of your favorite colors! If you’re someone that gets easily bores then this is a great way for you to swap things around regularly without making big changes like painting walls and cupboards. I absolutely love the SMEG fridge and kitchen collection. So many beautiful colors to choose from.
12. I love the contrast of black and white in a kitchen. Will you look at those marble floors! This kitchen certainly screams country charm.
13. Another great way to give your kitchen character is by playing around with splash back designs. You can get very creative with the tiles and materials you choose for your spash back.
14. As you can see a lot of these kitchen design ideas have beautiful kitchen island and for good reason. It sets an instant feature and gives your kitchen a lot of character. It makes your kitchen easier to work in and adds extra storage and counter pace in your kitchen.
15. If you’re after something different and love the use of wood (and have the budget for it) then this kitchen design idea is for you! Keep your kitchen traditional and extend the wood all the way up on to the ceiling. If you want to impress, this will surely blow a few minds!
16. Having a kitchen that says “charm” doesn’t just mean traditional design. You can work with a modern space and add character by decorating it with some vintage pieces like a large vintage wall clock on the wall and some nice wooden bar stools like this one.
17. This kitchen is certainly not for everyone but i’s as cozy as they come. This one may not be ideal for inside your home but it’s perfect for an outdoor entertaining!
18. For most, budget is always something that holds us back from designing our dream kitchen. If you’re wanting to renovate you’re kitchen and have a low budget then a pre-packed Ikea kitchen is a great option. Ikea has so many beautiful designs at a fraction of the cost of other manufacturers. All you need to do is decide what design suits you best!
19. I had to include this modern kitchen in these 30 kitchen design ideas. I love the clean lines and use of metal bar stools. You can easily change the color that represents you. I can’t look past these stools in aqua! Aren’t they just perfect?
20. If you find you prefer darker tones, the use of traditional wooden cupboards is always a great idea. If you have a kitchen with dark cupboards and you wish to change the entire look you can find fabulous tutorials on Pinterest on how to paint your kitchen cupboards. You can play with so many colors and this is a very cheap way of completely changing your kitchen without having to do any hard labor.
More Beautiful Kitchen Design Ideas
21. When I think kitchen design ideas that inspire charm my mind always goes back to country cottage and this one is exactly that! I love home where parts of the original home have been kept untouched like the stove and exposed brick wall. Keep it simple is country cottage is what you wish to achieve. Add a lot of natural and light woods.
22. Now if you want a kitchen with true character then this industrial kitchen ticks all the boxes. I’m absolutely in love with this kitchen! Marble counters, bare rustic wood draws and cupboards and dark metal finishes. This kitchen is a dream. It’s a perfect example of something unique and style that is inviting and warm.
23. All I can say it “it’s all about the spashback! A great way to update your kitchen is by either retiling your kitchen or getting creative and looking at other options like painting or covering with fabric and adding a layer of glass to protect it on top.
24. Mix modern and traditional aspect to create a beautiful timeless home. If space is an issue but you want something extra, consider installing a small kitchen island for extra bench space.
25. One word for this kitchen. Unique! I love the design style and those cupboards are simply fabulous. This may not be everyone’s cup of tea but it’s certainly a cool kitchen to look at!
26. Sometimes white or dark get a bit boring. If you love to live on the brighter side of life then painting your kitchen walls is a must! This kitchen just says “happy” as far as I’m concerned. If you’re building a kitchen from scratch playing around with other colored marble beside your typical white or black is a great idea.
27. I love how the stone walls have been added to this kitchen. It’s a unique touch.
28. Here is another example of kitchen tiles that will set your kitchen apart from the rest.
29. If you find that your kitchen is quite basic but you really want to make a statement then painting the wall and ceilings can be a great budget friendly solution to completely changing the look and feel of your kitchen.
30. My favorite design of all is farmhouse kitchens. There is a timeless charm about these kitchens that I simple love. You just can’t go wrong with timeless beauty.
What do you think of these 30 kitchen design ideas? Which one do you like the most? What is your dream kitchen style?
Enjoyed this post? Click on the image below to save this post to pinterest
If you enjoyed this post you may also enjoy some of our other Kitchen related posts!
Ikea Step Stool Makeover for the kitchen
Kitchen cupboards cluttered? Follow these fabulous kitchen cupboard organization ideas to help you conquer your kitchen cupboards!
Finally sort out under the kitchen sink with these great organization tips