Paying your bills on time can be extremely challenging, that is if you don’t have a fail-proof system in place. Today I’m sharing with you four easy to implement ways that will help you finally organize bills in your home. These systems will not only help you avoid late payment fees but save you acontinue reading…
Halloween is approaching and I’m so behind on everything! Since our recent holiday to France I’ve been struggling to play catch up on pretty much everything but I’m slowly getting there. I’ve had some Halloween projects in the pipeline but I just have not had the time to finish them so I’m calling the following week “HALLOWEEN WEEK“! I’ll be posting as many Halloween inspired projects as I can complete over the next 7 days so that you guys still have time to make a few simple things if you still want to!
The first in my Halloween Week roundup is this very adorable and super creepy Pinecone Spider Halloween Craft. Ok, so he really isn’t creepy, but I like to tell my toddler he is a creepy, scary spider. haha. He loves it. I’ve made an entire colony for two upcoming posts so get your pinecones and paint out and get making!
Check out this guy getting around the backyard exploring. Cute huh. This is such a fun kid and toddler approved project and also a fun project for adults. I made them on my own because right now my two year old is more destructive than helpful and I didn’t want to deal with the mess while I tried to photograph him painting! haha. I did get him to paint a few pinecones on his own the other day and we will soon stick legs on them. Of course my son made rainbow coloured pinecones because black was far too boring for him. Got to love toddlers. The best part about these spider is not only where they fun to make but I used some to make our very special DIY SPIDER FAMILY HALLOWEEN WREATH which has been a total hit with the kids! They also absolutely loved making our DIY Jack-O-Lantern Garland for our fireplace mantel and to top it off we’ve been enjoying playing with the fabulous DIY Halloween Playdough we made, this one has been a total hit!
I love making Halloween crafts. No need for perfection. You want what you make to look gross and this is good by me.
How To Make This Simple Pinecone Spider Halloween Craft
Small and Medium Pinecones (as many as you wish to make)
Black Chalk Paint or Acrylic Paint
Black Pipe Cleaners
Small and Medium Sized Fluffy Balls (you can get these from your local craft store)
Small Craft Eyes (I got tiny ones for the baby spiders and very small for the adult spiders)
Hot Glue Gun
1. First step is to make sure you’re pinecones are clean and ready to paint.
2. Give you’re pinecones a good coat or two of paint with either chalk paint or acrylic paint. I wanted mine with a matte finish so I chose to use chalk paint. Place wet pinecones on baking paper so they don’t stick on the surface as you set them aside to dry.
3. Measure out how many legs you want each spider to have. I did three on each side because my pinecones where fairly small. Cut your pipe cleaners according to the length you want the legs to be.
4. Once your legs are cut, you have sorted your eyes and fluffy balls and your pinecones are dry it’s time to assemble your spiders.
Scroll down to see the assembly steps!
5. Hot glue the head on to the base of the pinecone (spider’s body).
6. Hot glue each eye on to the head.
7. Find where you want the legs to go and glue them between the gaps of the pinecone.
DONE! Now it’s time to start decorating your house with creepy, crawly spiders or spider playtime for the kids!
What cool Halloween crafts have you been making lately?? Do show and tell!
Don’t forget to come back tomorrow for another fun craft for my “HALLOWEEN WEEK”.